Tasmanian IT News • December 03, 2018
At Tasmanian IT we pride ourselves on being recognised as a trusted advisor, but what are the character traits of trusted advisors that you should be looking at when considering to engage someone. Is it just someone with exceptional, targeted knowledge in a particular industry or with a specific product; or is it someone you can rely on to provide unbiased advice?
Some of the feedback we get here at Tasmanian IT from our clients has allowed us to create a good list from the perspective of the client and we thought we would share it with you.
- Seem to understand us, effortlessly, and like us
- Are consistent
- Always help us see things from a fresh perspective
- Don’t try to force things on us
- Help us think things through
- Don’t substitute their judgment for ours
- Are in it for the long haul
- Give us reasoning, not just their conclusions
- Give us options, increase our understanding of those options, give us their recommendation, and let us choose
- Challenge our assumptions
- Make us feel comfortable but lay it on the line
- Act like a real person, not someone in a role
- Are reliably on our side and always seem to have our interests at heart
- Have a sense of humour to diffuse tension in tough situations
- Are smart
We love that these are some of the considerations our clients think of when engaging us, and we are always looking for ways to be of better service to our clients.
If you think we may be able to support you by providing assistance along these lines, drop us a line and we can have a chat.
Phone: 6270 2232